With the cost of heating your home continuing to increase, Cavity Wall Insulation is one of the most effective methods to minimise energy waste and save you money.
It’s estimated that up to 35% of heat in a property is lost through the walls which could be costing you £100’s each year.
Energy Efficiency Group are able to access funding to partially/completely cover the cost of Cavity Wall Insulation. Apply now to find out if you’re eligible.
A cavity wall is made of two separate thin walls with a gap (or cavity) between them. They’re usually held together by metal wall ties. Cavity Wall Insulation is installed by filling air pockets between the walls in your home with insulation material designed to inhibit heat transfer.
Once inserted, the air between the walls can no longer move freely which reduces convection. To put it simply, heat can no longer escape your home and it takes less time to heat your spaces. As home improvement measures go, it’s non-invasive and causes very little disruption to the household.
All work is done from the outside of your external walls. An insulating material is injected into the wall through small holes drilled in the mortar joint of the wall. It can normally be done in two hours.
Cavity wall insulation will make your home feel much warmer, and it has other benefits too. Here’s why we recommend installing it.
Your property must meet the following criteria before Cavity Wall Insulation can be installed:
- Your home has unfilled cavity walls made of brick
- The cavities are at least 2 inches wide
- The brickwork or masonry is in good condition
- Your external walls are accessible. If some are joined to a neighbouring house, we need to insert a cavity barrier
- Your home is less than 12 metres high
- Your internal walls are dry. Wet wall insulation is worse than no wall insulation, so if you have any damp patches, you’ll need to get the cause sorted out before installing insulation
- There are no areas of steel or timber-framed construction
If you’re not sure about whether your property is right, you can ask our team for help and they can advise further.
I applied for the grant to replace my old boiler which was not running well at all. The service I got from start to finish from all the contractors involved was very professional, respectful and friendly. The process took longer than I expected but the end result was definitely worth it. I would highly recommend this company to anyone. My house is toastie warm and my water is hot and instant. Thanks very much guys.